Why not make your own jewelry? You will be able to customize pieces to yourself so that you can stand out from the mass market pieces out there. I’ve rounded up 10 amazing DIY projects to help you get started.
1) For starters why not use some bobby pins and some extra nail polish to create your own unique dangly earrings? Here is a blog to give you some more guidance: http://themetricchild.blogspot.com/2012/04/diy-bobby-pin-earrings.html
2) Have some old forks and spoons around? Or perhaps you know a thrift store that you can find some at? Give turning one into a ring a try. As an added benefit you can size it to fit you or a loved one exactly. For the details head over to http://blog.kirstendanielle.com/2011/12/04/spoon-ring-tutorial/
3) Would you believe that those bracelets are not made out of metal and leather? For honest and for truth, that is a clay bracelet with a paint job. While bending metal might be a bit outside your wheel house I’m guessing you could work with clay. Check out how to make it here, http://www.asplendidassemblage.com/2012/09/diy-celine-inspired-knot-bracelet.html#.WBjIeC0rLIV
4) Perhaps you are looking for some bold earrings? Something a bit tassley you might be thinking. Luckily there is an easy to follow tutorial right here https://www.trinketsinbloom.com/diy-tassel-earrings/#more-2624
5) How about this charming piece. It is rather unique yet still simple to make and since there aren’t many like it out in the market yours will be a standout piece. Here are the instructions on how to make it: http://shinetrimny.blogspot.com/2012/08/diy-golden-lace-slave-bracelet.html
6) How about some earrings to share with a friend? Find some like these from https://www.etsy.com/shop/LittleKnittyBird?ref=l2-shopheader-name and split them with your bestie to have that special pair of matched earrings.
7) You might be looking to make a ring with some edge to it, or is that spikes? This ring is simple enough to make with the instructions found here: http://wildamor.com/diy-spike-ring/
8) What about those pressed coins that you have collected as souvenirs? Do they just sit around in a box and gather dust? Why not turn them into a bracelet. See how it’s made here http://www.natalme.com/pressed-penny-bracelet/
9) Or could you be looking for something a touch more masculine looking? Whey not weave a bracelet with a few hex nuts in it? You can find the tutorial here: http://www.minieco.co.uk/macrame-square-knot-string-hexnut-bracelet/
10) Lastly you could craft some wire into a beautiful flower ring. And when you are done you can paint it any color that you would fancy. You can check it out here http://www.handmadeology.com/lovely-wire-knot-ring-tutorial/